County Clerk at a Glance
|County Clerk||Glenda Leegan|
|Location||121 E. Main St., Linden, TN 37096|
|P.O.B. 16, Linden, TN 37096|
|Hours||M–F, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
The County Court Clerk handles licensing for a variety of public needs as well as serving as the official record keeper of the County Commission.
About the County Clerk: Perry County, Tennessee
The Perry County Court Clerk is responsible for issuing many of the licenses and renewals needed for daily life in Perry County. Below is a full list of the County Clerks’ responsibilities:
- Title and motor vehicle registration and licensing
- Collection of sales tax on motor vehicles
- Motor vehicle registration renewals and issuance of tags and stickers. A convenience kiosk is available at the Lobelville City Hall for regular registration renewals. To renew your car tag online, click HERE.
- Issuance of marriage licenses and collection of state and other taxes on marriage. The Perry County Court Clerk does not perform marriage ceremonies.
- Issuance of hunting and fishing licensing
- Issuance of boat licensing
- Issuance of business licenses, applications for which may be picked up in the Clerk’s office
- Collection of minimal business taxes
- Collection of hotel and motel occupancy taxes
- Recording the minutes of the Perry County Commission and maintains the minutes for public inspection upon request
- Maintenance of the record of all active notaries public in the county and handles coordination between the secretary of state, the notary applicant and the County Commission
- Issuance of beer permits
- Convening of beer board meetings and recording of minutes, which are on file at the County Court Clerk’s office
Driver’s License renewals are not available at the Perry County Court Clerk’s office. For online renewal or replacement of Tennessee Driver’s License or to report a change of address, click HERE.